Monday, January 17, 2011

Featured in Etsy Treasuries!

Recently, I put up this cute baby beanie listing in my shop. In the two days it's been up, it has been featured in two treasuries.

For those of you who are not so familiar with Etsy, a treasury is  is a compilation of listings from a variety of shops chosen around any theme you wish. For example, around Valentine's Day, people will make treasuries with hearts, pink, or red, and around Christmas, there will be red and green, or tree themed treasuries.
Basically, one of the greatest benefits of treasuries is an increased shop exposure for those whose items are featured in it.
You can view the treasury lists, even if you don't have an Etsy account:

You Were Born to Be My Baby

Happy Go Lucky

And for my new little shop, I have to admit I'm loving the increased exposure! There is a big market for baby photo props, and handmade baby gifts, but there's also a lot of competition in that market as well, and becoming prominent in the Etsy searches and getting the word around is one of my best ways of marketing.

No comments: