I ran across the fabric while browsing at our local fabric 'warehouse' and it was love at first sight. I bought the rest of the piece which was a 3/4 yard cut and turned it into my first pillowcase dress. It was incredibly easy! I decided to add the contrasting ruffle and yo yo flower as an extra girly touch to an otherwise plain dress.
This dress was made entirely from my infamous fabric stash, button and all! Since the fabrics and colors are so 'autumn-y' I made the dress with 3/4-long sleeves for cooler weather. I think I may be making another one soon with short sleeves.
I love the way this one turned out! These two fabrics matched perfectly and the red bias tape is a perfect accent! Plus, the pattern is one of my own designs which makes it easier to use. :) I have more of this fabric, so I might be trying a peasant dress with these two next!
Coming soon...the Ruffled Camera Strap Cover Pattern/Tutorial!
I just finished this one recently and am really excited about getting some pictures soon and making this pattern available in the Shoppe! Don't worry...this one I made is so much prettier than how the iPod picture shows it! :)