Friday, May 25, 2012

Pink Cherry Baby Girl Outfit

I've been bitten by the making-newborn-outfits bug, and fortunately, a good friend of ours had a baby girl recently - that amounted to the perfect opportunity to try a new pattern!

I used Butterick 5017, but wasn't overly impressed with the pattern and ended up wishing I'd just designed it myself. She was born at the end of March, so I made the dress 3-6 Months, so she could wear it through the summer. The bodice was a little shorter and wider than I would have liked it, but I think it will work out since Miss A. is a chunk. :)

I decorated each of the tiers on the jumper, and the neck and armholes, with red rick-rack. The dress hem and waist have white rick-rack too for contrast.

I even found a matching cherry button for the back closure that looked like it was made to match the fabric!

No little dress is complete without it's matching accessories - the little bloomers and flower headband! By the time I was finished with the dress, I was getting pretty much to the final scraps of the 1 yard of fabric I had, so I used the bloomer pieces from this pattern, but modified them slightly to fit the largest pieces of fabric I had left.

The headband is just a simple yo-yo flower with a red button on one of the stretchy white skinny headbands I use in my shop.

Anyone up for a simple yo-yo flower tutorial?

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

That's adorable! :)