Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recent Sewing Projects

Yes, I have been sewing lately as well, and I'd like to introduce you to my most recent sewing projects - hippos!


It all started with a find of some great priced yellow minkee dot fabric and this cute fellow, named Happy the Hippo. His body and head are in yellow minkee dot fleece, his ears and snout are fleece, and his footpads are matching yellow satin. I love that big green ribbon and the irresistible smile! He's currently for sale in the Boutique.


His sister, Henrietta Hippo, second in the line of Hippos, has a pink minkee dot body, pink fleece snout and ears, and pink satin footpads. I love the cute embroidered touch on her footpads and that smart black and white bow! She too is currently for sale in the Boutique!


These are her twin sisters. I love the way they turned out! I made them as baby gifts for new twin baby girls at our church. They are miniature versions of Henrietta Hippo, measuring about an inch smaller all around. I added matching black and white polka dot bows with overlayed pink and purple ribbon so the mother can tell them apart. :)


This cute fellow is the second yellow hippo I made for another friend's baby shower. Because we didn't know the gender ahead of time, I made a layered pink and blue bow and I love how it turned out! As it turned out, I even got to photograph the sweet little girl I made this for - Perpetua!


Another friend at the baby shower saw the above hippo and commissioned me to make one for her baby, along with a blue teddy bear hat for the winter. I made sweet little Nathaniel's hippo with blue minkee dot, fleece, and satin with a coordinating bright yellow ribbon with blue and green polka dots.



Aren't they cute? 3 little hippos, all in a row...

No comments: