Monday, August 15, 2011

Calling All Crocheters!

When I crochet, I rarely follow a pattern. The result is many of my original creations for newborn photo props and other kid's fashions for which I've decided to sell the PDF patterns in the Boutique.

And here's where I need your help: I need pattern testers! Is anyone here a beginner crocheter who would like to get a little more practice and get some free patterns in the bargain? All these patterns are written for beginners but will be fun for even experienced crocheters. Keep reading for the pattern descriptions and requirements!

Coffee Stripe Earflap Hat

You will need to have a basic knowledge of Half Double Crochets (hdc), Slip Stitch (sl st), and Single crochet (sc) to follow this pattern. Comes in size newborn-3 months only.

Frilly Flower Sunhat

You will need to have a basic knowledge of Half Double Crochets (hdc), Slip Stitch (sl st), and Single crochet (sc) to follow this pattern. Comes in sizes Newborn-3 months, 3-6 months, and 6-9 months with measurements through 18 months.

Ribbon Bow Newsboy Cap

You will need to have a basic knowledge of Half Double Crochets (hdc) and Slip Stitch (sl st) to follow this pattern. Comes in sizes Newborn-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, and 12-18 months.

Button Strap Newsboy Cap

You will need to have a basic knowledge of Half Double Crochets (hdc), Single Crochet (sc), and Slip Stitch (sl st) to follow this pattern. Comes in sizes Newborn-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, and 12-18 months. You will be doing a special stitch called crocheting around the post, but I explain that in the pattern.

Here is what I'll need from you:

-Contact me by leaving a comment on this post with your email address, or email me at: tinytiptoesboutiqueATgmailDOTcom.

-Let me know which pattern(s) you would like to try and what sizes you think you will be making. I will need to hear back from you with your thoughts within two weeks.

-What I need to know: Is the pattern written clearly and concisely? Is there a better way I could explain anything? Do I tell anything in a confusing way which would be hard for beginners? Are there any mistakes/confusions/typos? Does the pattern need more or less pictures or a different layout? And any other thoughts you have on the pattern will be appreciated!

-And when I hear from you, I'll email you the PDF copies of the pattern(s) of your choice and look forward to hearing your comments! I would also love to see pictures of your creations! If I get enough, I'll post a credit post with pictures of your creations once the patterns are all tested.

No comments: